Covid-Secure Policies – What to Expect When You Next Visit Peewees Hair Salon in Burgess Hill
The health and safety of our lovely clients and team is always our top priority at Peewees and we have put in place a host of new arrangements to ensure you can relax in the knowledge we’ve done everything we can to ensure that our Burgess Hill hair salon is as Covid-secure as possible.
All of our team are up-to-date on the latest social distancing and hygiene requirements and we will be working together to make sure your visit is as safe, comfortable and enjoyable as possible.
The “New Normal” at Peewees
You can still expect to receive the same top quality hair services from your Peewees stylist, although the salon will be a little quieter than you’re used to seeing it. This is because we will have only 3 or 4 stylist working at once and will be leaving gaps between appointments to allow time for thorough cleaning between clients. We are lucky to have a large salon which allows us plenty of space to maintain social distancing. Our teams will be working in shifts over longer hours to help us accommodate as many of you as possible as quickly as possible.
All our stylists understand that it’s vital that they self isolate if they experience any Coronavirus symptoms or know that they have come into contact with anyone with the virus. They will not come into the salon in this case. Likewise, we request that if you are experiencing Coronavirus symptoms yourself, or know that you have been in contact with someone with the virus, for all our safety, please do not come into the salon. Contact us and we will reschedule your appointment.
We’ve invested in PPE for all our team and your stylist will be wearing a disposable apron, gloves and mask. We request that you also wear a mask when you visit the salon. If you do not have one, we will have one available for you to use.
Other Covid-Safety Procedures
Here are some of the other safety procedures we have in place:
- We cannot accept any walk-in appointments – all appointments must be booked in advance. Please do not come into Reception without an appointment. This includes fringe trims, which must now be booked in advance with your stylist.
- You will be asked to sanitise your hands on arrival for your appointment and hand sanitiser will be available throughout the salon.
- We have marked out walkways on the salon floor and added 2 metre markings to help to keep everyone safe.
- All towels and gowns will be hot washed after each client use.
- Your chair and surrounding area will have been fully sanitised prior to your arrival.
- All stylists will have two full sets of equipment to ensure that they will always have a freshly disinfected comb, brush, clips etc for each client.
- You will receive an end-to-end service from your own individual stylist, including hair washing and payment. Your stylist will be waiting for you on arrival.
- Our assistants have been redeployed and will be assisting with salon disinfection processes, including door handles, styling stations, reception, card machines and toilet areas.
- We will not be taking any cash payments and you will be able to pay by card from your chair.
- We are still selling our full range of retail products, but ask that you do not handle them in the salon. Please ask and one of the Reception team will help you.
- To limit the number of people in the salon, we request that clients come into the salon alone (unless the appointment is for a child or someone who requires a carer).
Booking An Appointment
Our online booking system is currently closed but our phone lines are OPEN. Alternatively you can complete our BOOKING REQUEST FORM here.
Before You Arrive – Pre-Appointment Consultation & Booking Agreement
Ahead of your appointment we will be offering you an online consultation to find out about your hair concerns. Your stylist will also call you before you come in to let you know what to expect when you arrive and discuss the hair service that you want.
When taking your booking over the phone, your stylist will ask for your verbal agreement to the terms and arrangements set out here, and your booking will be subject to your agreement to these terms.
In particular, they will require your agreement that if you are unwell or know that you have been in contact with someone with the virus, you will not come into the salon for your appointment, but will contact us to reschedule. This is for the safety of us all.
We reserve the right to charge a deposit ahead of your appointment. Your stylist will discuss this with you at your booking consultation. If you are holding a Gift Voucher, you will not be required to pay an additional deposit.
On Arrival at the Salon
We’ll be using our chalkboard outside the salon to remind you of our safety precautions and any other announcements. Please don’t queue outside the salon or visit if you have not already booked an appointment by phone or online.
When you arrive, if someone is still in Reception, please wait outside until they have gone. Your stylist will then come and meet you. We won’t be able to hang up coats and jackets. Please bring minimal possessions with you for your appointment, just your phone and payment card if possible.
Prices – NO Surcharge for PPE
Although we are our regular small annual increase to our prices on re-opening, we’d like to reassure you all that there will be NO SURCHARGE for PPE at our salon.
Thank You For Your Understanding
All of our new procedures have been implemented for your safety and that of our team. We will continue to take advice from the Government and NHS regarding safety practices and update them when necessary.
We’re looking forward to welcoming you back and hope to make your appointment as relaxed and pleasant as possible. Thank you for your understanding.